AGM & Membership Weekend 2016 – North of England.
In accordance with the WWOOF UK protocol of holding the AGM & Membership Weekend in a different location each year – on a cyclical basis – members in each region of the UK have an equal opportunity to attend without having to travel far. The event does have a strong magnetism however and draws them in from every corner of the UK.
This year is the turn of our members in northern England to have this fantastic event on their doorstep and we are searching for that special place we know is just waiting for us.
Last year we spent the weekend at Old Chapel Farm in the hills just outside of Llanidloes, Powys. Bathed in glorious sunshine throughout, the event was a total success – a variety of comfortable accommodation, exquisitely lovely and abundant food & drink, perfect meeting spaces and an infinitely interesting (WWOOF host) venue too.
The requirments for the AGM & Membership Weekend 2016 are as follows:
- A location somewhere in the north of England.
- The dates would need to be a weekend (Friday and Saturday night only) in late September or early October.
- The Friday night would require accommodation for 20 people and the Saturday night would be for 60 people.
- There is a need for an assortment of bedrooms (preferably for no less than 30 people) and camping options too.
- Meeting, dining and entertainment spaces would need to be able to hold 60 people; with the addition of smaller meeting/workshop areas if possible.
- The event requires a venue capable of providing full catering from Friday evening until Sunday breakfast.
- Basic is fine!
You can watch a superb video which recorded last year’s proceedings which was made by Emma Johnson; film maker and WWOOFer extraordinaire. Watch it on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQfsi6lhHJI
Emma Johnson’s website: http://emmajohnson.net/