Welcome to the WWOOF UK Classifieds section. Here, you can find postings from members and other friends of WWOOF UK regarding opportunities, job listings, property advertisements and more. Have something you’d like listed in our Classifieds section? Send us an email
Earth-conscious female seeking a gentle man
Earth-conscious female seeking a gentle man – 55-65 years young – with lots of life left to live… For friendship, companionship and one day maybe love
Ideally within a 50-mile radius of Cambridgeshire.
- understands having strong family connections
- might enjoy wild camping/living simply/non-consumerist
- non smoker
Any interested parties please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more detail
Request for survey participants
A Lecturer in Law at the University of Portsmouth, Dr Penelope Giosa, is doing research in organic food. She would like to have your opinion about the price formation in the agricultural value chain, the distribution of risks in the supply chain, the prospect of collaborations within the ‘farm-to-fork’ chain with regard to sustainability and what should be done to make sustainable production more appealing.
If you are interested in having a chat with her and learning more about her project, please email her email@example.com
Your contribution will be very much appreciated, and of course, you can keep your anonymity if you wish so.
WWOOF is hiring! – Full-stack Software Engineer
The Federation of WWOOF Organisations (FoWO) is currently looking to hire a Full-stack Software Engineer. The Full-stack Software Engineer will join the IT committee of FoWO and take part in weekly triage meetings. They will be working closely with the dev team and share responsibilities to ensure continuity of operations.
The Full-stack Software Engineer:
- is responsible for the maintenance of the existing code base, new feature developement, test automation, and deployment of all WWOOF applications;
- interacts with stakeholders to discuss their issues and needs, and has the ability and dynamism to make suggestions, propose new ideas;
- writes code that is maintainable, readable, and aligned with the existing style (while feeling empowered to make proposals for refactoring);
- designs engaging, responsive, and functional UXs for WWOOF members;
works autonomously, with attention to detail and quality;
- helps answer support requests from WWOOF coordinators of the 20+ national organisations using the software.
- 5+ years of software development
- Code review
- Backlog triage
- Experienced with:
- Modern front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Ember…)
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Git / GitHub
Good to have:
- CSS / SCSS
- UX design
- Reponsive design
- React Native
How to apply:
- To apply, please fill out this form: https://airtable.com/shraLjldazjZdBMby
- Deadline: this position will remain open until we find the right candidate.
- Prefered start date: 3 January 2023